Followers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And now, she's a mother~

She was 8 months old when I met her. Bright eyed, pretty and truly a joy! The first "baby" that I had opportunity to develop a relationship with. We played ball together rolling it back and forth. There was a connection in that meeting. An unexplainable immediate bond that happened. Through the years that followed, our relationship grew, finding new depths of unconditional love that only an Aunt and a Neice could share. Spending a lot of "girl time" together, getting our nails done, shopping sprees, and good old time giggling, brought us to another level of our relationship. She was 20 years old when she came to live with us. I was absolutely thrilled beyond words. Our history consisted of so much! Our bonding continued to strengthen and our relationship never stopped growing into what only God would want. And I was so blessed to have her with me for a while. The challenges and obstacles she faced were gigantic!. But with determination, grace and a strong will and desire to succeed, nothing got in her way to follow her dreams. And that she did, followed her dreams and made them happen.
Now she's a mother. A woman with a child. A little boy that God has entrusted her with to love, to nurtue, to raise with Mike, the man that loves her and continues to embrace this relationship that brings so much joy into his life. A mother that will laugh, cry, worry, play ball with. A mother that will care more than anything that she could imagine. A mother that will fall in love with a baby over and over again. A mother that will feel hurt and angry. A mother that will appreciate sleep. Yes, my precious neice is now a mother.
As our relationship continues to grow, it will now evolve into yet again, another level. Now we are both moms. We will learn to appreciate the struggles that we both will go through as moms. And we will rejoice together at each feat our children accomplish. Our relationship will deepen, will take on a newness without leaving the history we have created.
I am so grateful to have this friendship with my neice Ashley. A 25 year relationship that has never disappointed. I look forward to the next 25 years and watching our relationship continue to grow.
Ashley, I love you so much and I am so proud of the woman that you have become. You are the closest thing to a daughter that I have ever had and I cherish that! As you have now entered the world of motherhood, you will learn love in a brand new way. And because love comes so easy to you, I have no doubt that your son Kynrik, will learn that same love and will be a blessing to many others, as you have been a blessing to me.
Love~
Auntie Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment